UPDATE: Following the government announcement on 26th November we are now aware that Guildford’s allocated tier level is Tier 2 – High Alert. CLICK HERE for full information on tiers and local restrictions. These new restrictions will come in to place from Wednesday 2nd December.
From Thursday 5 November, everyone must stay at home, and may leave only for a limited set of reasons. These include:
- For education;
- For work, if you cannot work from home;
- For exercise and recreation outdoors, with your household, support bubble or on your own with one person from another household;
- For all medical reasons, appointments and to escape injury or harm;
- To shop for food and essentials;
- And to provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer.
Non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues will be closed. Click and collect services can continue and essential shops, including supermarkets, will remain open. Pubs, bars, restaurants must close, except for takeaway and delivery services.
We ask everyone visiting the town to please:
- Observe social distancing rules
- Wear face coverings as required
- Use contactless card payment where you can
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- Use hand sanitiser when available
- Take time to plan your visit and familiarise yourself with the processes that may be in place within individual businesses
Be cautious. Be calm. Be kind.
Both the Town Rangers and the COVID Safety Marshals will be patrolling in the town centre throughout lockdown and are on hand to assist you should you have any concerns when visiting Guildford for exercise or to buy essential items.
Please note all the below lists are a work in progress and will be updated as we receive additional information.
Please find a list of essential businesses and their opening times here
Please find a list of food and drink businesses offering delivery/takeaway here.
Please find a list of where Click/Call/Email and Collect services are available below:
Shop local online with our independent businesses online shops listed below:
Hair & Beauty (Products & Gift Vouchers)
Carbon Blush, John Carne, Julia Lampard, Lottie Loves Beauty, Mary Ann Weeks, Relaxation Rooms, SkinSpirit
The Boileroom, The Electric Theatre, Yvonne Arnaud Theatre
Cry for the Moon, Charme, Harrington Brookshaw, Prestons, Silverado, Simon Pure, Whibleys The Jewellers
Aston Matthews, Design Vintage, Robin Mullen Art, The Lighting Centre
Babylon Trading, Lower Lodge Candles, Surrey Home & Gifts, The Secret Garden
Clothing & Accessories
Womenswear – Courtyard, The Gate Boutique
Menswear –Michael Chell, Weir Rhodes
Outdoor – Moffats, Peak Performance
Food & Drink
Fresco Delikafessen, Meat the Greek, Partisan Cheesemonger & Deli, PastaOut, Plough Produce
Esoteric Hydroponics, Partido, Sewmaster, The Bear Garden, Wellers Auctions
For the latest updates on local business initiatives plus any Guildford good news stories, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
CLICK HERE for the latest local Coronavirus information from Guildford Borough Council.