• The two day long festival is designed for the general public, media, and international games businesses to learn about and celebrate Guildford’s globally significant games industry.
• Key highlights of the programme will include industry talks and expo demonstrations from EA, Media Molecule, Playsport, Arrogant Pixel, Opozo, nDreams, Supermassive Games, and Minecraft.
• The shortlist for the first ever Guildford.Games Awards is also now live.
• The full programme will be announced soon on Guildford.Games/festival
Taking place over two full days, the first ever Guildford.Games Festival will provide industry professionals with the opportunity to learn from Guildford’s best and brightest, and will also showcase exceptional local talent to families and consumers, inspiring the next generation of games makers.
Industry Day [Friday 28th June]
Aimed at games businesses, developers, publishers, investors, and University students, this day will deliver a series of conference talks, workshops, and an expo. The talks will feature both local and international industry speakers sharing their knowledge and experiences of what it’s like to work, live, and make games in Guildford:
Made in Guildford: Lessons from shaping the Hollywood of Games Panel
Business of Games Local Enterprise Partnership
Fireside Chat with the founders of Media Molecule Media Molecule
Working In Guildford: What Makes Guildford Great Panel
Game Makers: Playing with Perceptions nDreams
Game Futures: Global Game Scene Tencent
Games Culture: culture, leadership, and management EA Criterion
Games Tech in Guildford Panel
There will also be career advice sessions and workshops for existing and prospective professionals, professional business mentoring sessions for small studios, advice on securing investment, 1-2-1 business meetings curated via on online matchmaking service, and a games expo for modern local studios to showcase their work.
Consumer Day [Saturday 29th June]
Aimed at school age children, University students, parents and careers, the local public, and people interested in careers in the games industry, the second day of the festival is free to attend and is all about fun! Highlights on the day will include:
• A Guildford games expo for families and players to meet local developers like EA, Media Molecule, Playsport, Arrogant Pixel, Opozo, nDreams, Supermassive Games, all showcasing their work
• A playable timeline of Guildford’s game development history and collectibles
• Careers talks focussing on how to start and grow a career in games
• Workshops on making games and interactive content
• AskAboutGames.com for families and educators to find out more about the safe and sensible playing of games
• An esports zone with multiplayer games including; FIFA, Need For Speed, Minecraft, VR games and much more!
Guildford.Games Awards [Saturday 29th June]
To celebrate the close of the festival, the Guildford Games community will gather for the inaugural Guildford Games Awards, sponsored by Liquid Crimson and Wargaming. A chance for studios to promote and thank their local heroes, the full shortlist for the awards can be found at Guildford.Games/Awards and the winners will be announced on the night.
For more information about the programme, or to discuss sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sam Collins at Ukie - firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE - the Guildford.Games Festival programme is subject to change pending final organisation and approval. All changes will be highlighted on the Guildford.Games/Festival website.